Preparation for Upper Endoscopy (Gastroscopy):
- DO NOT eat or drink anything after midnight prior to your procedure. **If your procedure is scheduled for noon or later, you may have clear liquids until 6 am.
- Please take all regularly scheduled medications with a small amount of water the day of the procedure.
- If you take insulin or oral diabetic medications, click here for specific directions.
- If you take Coumadin, Warfarin or Pradaxa, please call our office for specific instructions.
- Wear comfortable, casual clothing.
- Bring a list of your current medications and allergies with you.
- YOU WILL BE SEDATED FOR THIS PROCEDURE AND WILL REQUIRE AN ADULT(18 YEARS OR OLDER) TO DRIVE YOU HOME. YOUR DRIVER WILL BE REQUIRED TO STAY AT THE FACILITY DURING YOUR PROCEDURE. The facility at which you are scheduled has the right to delay or cancel your procedure in the event that you do not have an adult with you when you arrive for your appointment.
- Do not plan to drive, go to work, sign any legal documents or participate in any activities that require concentration during the remainder of the day.
- Please arrive for your procedure at the scheduled arrival time. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call our office as soon as possible to reschedule. We reserve the right to charge for missed appointments or appointments cancelled less than 72 hours in advance.